Location: New York, New York
Email: Email Me
TRIALS AND APPEALS
- I have tried over 100 Felony Cases to conclusion.
- I have tried over 15 Murder cases to conclusion.
- I have tried over 100 Civil Cases to verdict (Plaintiff & Defendant).
I have argued in over 50 matters in various Appellate Courts, including the Court of Appeals of the State of New York and the Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit.
GUARDIANSHIPS AND ESTATES
I have received my Certificate of Training for Guardians and Court Evaluators under Article 81 of the Mental Hygiene Law on April 5, 1995. I am presently the Court Appointed Guardian of two incapacitated persons. In my career I have been appointed Guardian of Incapacitated Persons on eleven occasions. I have been appointed Court Evaluator, counsel to Alleged Incapacitated Persons and Guardian ad Litem in dozens of matters both in the Supreme Court and the Surrogate's Court. The Court has appointed me in many matters where there are allegations of fraud and misappropriation of funds. I have received numerous pro bono matters.
I have tried contested estates and guardianships, personal injury, complex commercial matters, real estate and have specialized in criminal trials for the profession. I have represented judges, lawyers, doctors and other professionals in disciplinary proceedings.
Attorney for the Legal Defense Fund of Local 30, International Union of Operating Engineers. Represent 3,000 members of Union and advise on their daily legal problems.
Personal Attorney for the Business Manager of Local 30, International Union of Operating Engineers. Advise Business Manager on all aspects of Union activities. Attend meetings of Trustees of Local 30. Advise on all important legal problems of the Union.
Areas of Practice
- Contested Estates and Guardianships
- Personal Injury
- Complex Commercial Matters
- Real Estate
- Criminal Law
Certified Legal Specialties
- Certificate of Training for Guardians and Court Evaluators under Article 81 of the Mental Hygiene Law, 1995
- New York, 1960
- U.S. Supreme Court, 1967
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of New York, 1964
- U.S. District Court Southern District of New York, 1964
- U.S. Court of Appeals 2nd Circuit, 1967
New York University School of Law, New York, New York
- LL.B., Bachelor of Laws - 1959
New York University
- B.A., Bachelor of Arts - 1959
- Stuyvesant High School - 1953
- Lecturer, New York State Bar Association, “The Strategies and Procedures in Contested Guardianships”
- Lectured on Criminal Law, Practicing Law Institute; New York Association of Pre-Trial Service Agencies, Kings County District Attorney's Office
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Referee to Conduct Disciplinary Hearings for First Judicial Department
- Yale Moot Court Finals, Judge
- Decedent's Estate Section of the Surrogate's Court Committee of the Brooklyn Bar Association, Member
- Departmental Disciplinary Committee, First Judicial Department
- Committee on Criminal Justice Operations and Budget of the Association of the Bar of the City of New York
- Criminal Courts Committee of the Association of the Bar of the City of New York
- Criminal Justice Division of the Fire Department
- Criminal Advocacy Committee of the Association of the Bar of the City of New York
Past Employment Positions
- Kings County District Attorney's Office, Chief Assistant District Attorney, 1993 - 1995
- Kings County District Attorney's Office, Special Deputy District Attorney, 1992 - 1993
- Washor, Greenberg & Washor, Partner, 1982 - 1989
- Former Court Examiner (Guardians) First Department, 1999- 2002
- Special District Attorney of Kings County in 25 Prosecutions
Pro Bono Activities
- Assigned to Pro Bono Appeal by New York State Court of Appeals
- Pro Bono Counsel on the Court of Appeals Assigned Counsel Panel